The purpose of Settling-in assistance is to ensure a smooth and stress free settling of the assignee in the new apartment, city, country or culture.
There are several tasks that assignees may initially have difficulty completing upon arriving in a new country. Intermark Relocations offers a variety of settling-in support functions in order to help expatriates get their feet on the ground. Upon request, our consultant will provide assistance in the following areas:
- Provide lists of reputable furniture supply companies and department stores
- Accompany the assignee to all the relevant shops and coordinate the purchase, delivery and assembling of the furniture
- Arrange and coordinate the installation of additional technical equipment in leased premises (security systems, TV and internet connections, phone lines, etc.)
- Establish billing address and payment processes
- Counsel assignee about the documents needed to open bank accounts
- Provide names, addresses and telephone numbers of suitable local or international banks
- Accompany the assignee to the bank, providing translation & assistance completing necessary forms
- Provide names, addresses and telephone numbers of insurance providers
- Obtain translation of contract when possible, provide assistance in completing necessary forms
- Counsel about the minimum insurance requirements to be obtained by local legal representative of assignee
CAR PURCHASE/ LEASE REGISTRATION/ DRIVERS LICENSE
- Identify reputable car dealerships
- Accompany family to any appropriate vehicle registration authority to complete forms, etc.
- Provide interpretation/translation, assistance in obtaining drivers license